New York Baroque Incorporated is seeking a highly motivated Administrative/Production Intern who will work alongside with the Executive Director and learn about all aspects of producing classical music concerts from sending press releases and advertising concerts, to developing donor relations and executing special events. A strong interest in classical music, arts management and operations, and non-profits preferred.
The intern will work on a variety of projects collaboratively with the Executive Director, which may include:
- Providing general office support
- Organizing press material
- Managing ticket sales
- Assisting marketing related activities, including the development of newsletters and social media accounts
- Updating website and mailing lists
- Providing front-of-the-house support and stage management
- Approximate dates: Fall, 2016 with the possibility to continue through Spring.
High school, graduate or undergraduate students may apply. Ability to work occasionally in evenings and weekends; excellent verbal and written communication skill preferred. School credit is recommended.
The intern will work 2–4 days/4–12 hours per week, and will receive complimentary tickets to all NYBI events.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to wen@NYBaroque.org and list “NYBI Intern” in the subject line.