New York Baroque Incorporated is seeking a highly motivated Administrative/Production Intern who will work alongside with the Executive Director and learn about all aspects of producing classical music concerts from sending press releases and advertising concerts, to developing donor relations and executing special events. A strong interest in classical music, arts management and operations, and non-profits preferred.
The intern will work on a variety of projects collaboratively with the Executive Director, which may include:
- Providing general office support
- Organizing press material
- Managing ticket sales
- Assisting marketing related activities, including the development of newsletters and social media accounts
- Updating website and mailing lists
- Providing front-of-the-house support and stage management
- Approximate dates: Fall, 2016 with the possibility to continue through Spring.
High school, graduate or undergraduate students may apply. Ability to work occasionally in evenings and weekends; excellent verbal and written communication skill preferred. School credit is recommended.
The intern will work 2–4 days/4–12 hours per week, and will receive complimentary tickets to all NYBI events.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to wen@NYBaroque.org and list “NYBI Intern” in the subject line.
Director of Development (part-time)
In partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as New York Baroque Incorporated continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Development Director will have the opportunity to build the development function in the organization.
- Develop and execute NYBI’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Plan and oversee special fundraising events
- Develop proposals for government, private, and corporate foundations
- Bachelor’s Degree (required), Master’s Degree (a plus)
- 3-plus years experience in development preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
Flexible hours. Compensation will be commission-based.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to wen@NYBaroque.org and list “NYBI Director of Development” in the subject line.